Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps
(the following recipe is for 1 serving- increase amounts as needed for additional servings)
1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon of yellow mustard
1/8 teaspoon of white pepper
2 butter lettuce leaves
chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1. My mom mentioned that she has been using the Anne Burrell method of cooking hard boiled eggs. After my soft boiled egg experiment with "Eggs and Soldiers" I didn't want to mess around. Since my mom found success with Anne's method that was good enough for me. Place the eggs in a pot and add enough cool water to cover the eggs by 1 inch. Bring the water to a boil. Remove the pot from the heat and cover. Leave the eggs to cook in the pot for 13 minutes.
2. Run the eggs under cool water, add ice cubes if necessary and slightly crack the eggs to get the cool water between the egg and shell.
3. Peel the eggs and run through an egg slicer in two different directions to start creating the egg salad texture. Place eggs in a small bowl.
4. Add mayonnaise, mustard, pepper and salt to taste to the small bowl with the eggs.
5. Mash all of the ingredients together with a fork.
6. Divide the egg salad between to lettuce leaves and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.